PSG vs Dortmund Match Info
Date: Wednesday, March 11th, 2020
Kick-off time: 8.00pm GMT
Venue: Parc des Princes
Get all of our Champions League Round of 16 Second Leg tips for this week here.
PSG vs Dortmund Head-To-Head
Last 3 matches (all European games)
- 18th February 2020: Dortmund 2-1 PSG
- 4th November 2010: PSG 0-0 Dortmund
- 21st October 2010: Dortmund 1-1 PSG
PSG vs Dortmund Stats
- Dortmund have progressed from each of their previous four Champions League knockout ties when winning the first leg – those come against Auxerre and Manchester United in 1996-7, Real Madrid in 2012-13, and Zenit St Petersburg in 2013-14.
- Dortmund’s previous 24 goals in the Champions League come from open play – the longest current run amongst the remaining sides in the competition
- Erling Haaland has scored 11 goals in seven games for Dortmund – the most of any player for a club in the top five European leagues since his debut in January.
PSG vs Dortmund Match Preview
This March’s second-leg Champions League tie has all the hallmarks of being a thrilling, end-to-end affair.
Both teams have weaknesses that the other will evidently look to exploit – Dortmund are known for their proclivity to lapse defensively at the best of times, meanwhile PSG’s previous Champions League round of 16 exits prove that not even a £350 million attack can pave over poor European form.
All evidence suggests a battle of the attacks – which begs the question, which team boasts the better offensive unit?
Anyone who watched Erling Halaand and Jadon Sancho work their magic in the first leg would put their money on the visitors. The dazzling duo, alongside Achraf Hakimi, produced breath-taking counterattacks that had the Parisians on the back-foot at almost every German forward thrust.
Tuchel’s men paled in comparison, with the absence of an out-and-out number nine forcing both Kylian Mbappe and Neymar into forward positions, away from their wing-inspired wizardry.
Sure, the pair were still amongst the goals, but a shadow of their prime selves, which they’ve displayed regularly across this season’s Ligue 1 campaign.
The hosts certainly won’t be making the same mistake at the second bite of the cherry in this March’s second-leg at the Parc des Princes. Tuchel will most likely feature Edison Cavani or Mauro Icardi, allowing the likes of Neymar and Mbappe to torment a shaky Dortmund defense from both flanks.
Yet for all their attacking worth, PSG themselves will be without some key defensive intel, with the absence of Thiago Silva proving to be the most damaging.
Keeping the likes of Halaand and Sancho at bay without the Brazilian midfielder in tow and creating their own goalscoring chances seems an almost impossible task. Our prognosis? Another landmark victory for the boys in black and yellow.
PSG vs Dortmund Betting Tips
Away win & BTTS @ 11/2 with William Hill
Result in favor of Dortmund after 75 minutes @ 7/1 withCoral
MORE: Visit our Champions League page for the latest information on the competition. You can also see our tipster’s Correct Score Tips. We also have lots more free football tips across our site and you can follow us on Twitter at @FootballTips.